So signups are going on over at sshg_giftfest
. I have signed up to provide fic, as usual, since my art is limited to stick figures. To make it easier on whoever is unfortunate enough to get an awkward Annie like me, here are some likes/dislikes. Hopefully that should make it easier - or more difficult, for which I apologise!
So, whoever gets me, if you look at this - here are some more detailed rambles, but don't be restricted to whatever I've prompted below, let your muse guide you!Art/Craft:
For art, I'm happy with any medium, even manips if you can sell me on it ;) I'm not fond when a picture is too dark, mostly because my eyesight isn't 20/20. I also don't like things to be too graphic. Apart from that, I'm quite easy going. I enjoy seeing different interpretations of robes, actually, and Regency style, and pretty clothes. I don't want Hermione or Severus to be too beautiful, they are who they are. I like Crookshanks or other familiars to make an appearance, this goes for fics too ;) Mostly I want to be made to feel, to be in the moment with them, whether it's funny, fluffy, sad, romantic, dramatic, etc.
I'm going to recycle some prompts from various fests here for suggestions as well as adding new ones. Some of these could be craft and/or art:
- A stained glass window
- Gryffindor Severus and Slytherin Hermione
- Severus is unimpressed when Hermione takes him to McDonald's.
- Snape watches a sleeping Hermione
- Their Animagus forms
- What do their bookmarks look like?
- Severus and Hermione's chocolate frog card
- A family Christmas (kids or no kids)
- The bow/salute before the duel begins
- What does their potions lab look like?
Don't be limited to the above, go with whatever you feel like!Fic:
Most of my squicks, in fact I think all my major ones, were covered in my original sign up post. Things I don't enjoy or that are triggers include noncon, dubcon, chan, underage Hermione (or Snape!), mpreg, gore, things being bloody for the sake of being bloody (I'm okay if it's done for a story reason), extreme sex - a bit of kink can be fun however! I don't like character bashing but I'm okay with characters being flawed. I'm not fond of time turner/travel fics but I break my own rules all the time so you never know!
What I love could fill an entire journal, so I'll settle for listing a few: I'm a huge mythology buff so myth adaptations rock. Greek and Norse mythology are my favourites with Celtic and Egyptian close behind. I'm Welsh so obviously anything Welsh makes me happy. I do love Welsh folklore. I adore music and stories inspired by songs (or songfics), music is huge in my life. I like unusual hobbies or careers, familiars, magic geekery, stories that show the magical world outside Hogwarts/Hogsmeade/Diagon Alley I like witty banter and snark, Severus is not a nice person after all!
Prompts (again, some re-used)
- A crossword puzzle leads to adventure
- Severus and Hermione share an unusual hobby.
- Hermione and Severus are penpals.
- After his recovery, Severus finds that his legilimency is stuck on, and he can always hear what people around him are thinking. Ever the Slytherin, he uses it to his advantage when he discovers the feelings of one Hermione Granger.
- Severus makes Hermione an offer she can't refuse. He has ulterior motives - she is completely oblivious.
- Lucius boasts to Severus that he can teach any Muggleborn to pass in Pureblood high society. Severus challenges him to take on the forthright Miss Hermione Granger.
- "I never should have let them dance."
- The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
- The only person who can help is Hermione Granger. Frankly, Severus would rather suffer.
- Severus is a globetrotting treasure hunter for Gringotts. Hermione is the Ministry representative dragged along on his latest escapade. Think Indiana Jones meets Harry Potter.